Sunday, January 16, 2011

Live from (West) New York


Spent the weekend in New York working on a video project with my cousin (well, my brother-in-law's brother) Glenn.

Our plan was to work all day Saturday editing as we had already filmed and collected all the raw footage.

On Friday, Glenn had to work, so I went with him into the city and just wandered the streets looking like an Eskimo. It was cold!








Found Turntable Lab, but it wasn't open for another 2 hours or so. I remember selling boxes of mixtapes to them a few years back.


Think it was on Broadway where this Lids store was, but I honestly didn't want another Yankees or Mets fitted, no matter how many of these I hadn't seen before:


Not sure what street I was on, but I happened to turn onto 4th Street and saw the New Era Flagship Store:









The flagship store was really dope. I passed up a Phillies (with the Liberty Bell logo) and a Pirates (pirate and crossed bats) custom to get this Baltimore Orioles fitted, which I just had to cop:


We met up that evening with my friend Ray, a fellow Cincinnatian, and had dinner at Five Napkin Burger:


Ready, aim...


Killed it!


Walked around the city after dinner:


Me and Glenn:


Me and Ray:


Ha, even did the tourist thing and had a street artist sketch me:


Next morning, had a Sage Hen breakfast sandwich and hash taters at Silver Spurs:




...and then on to business.


After working through the day, stopped at Brooklyn's Pizzeria for garlic and pepperoni pizza and a stromboli (both were excellent, by the way):








By the time I left for Cincinnati the next day, the video was already uploaded. Enjoy!



If you like the track, feel free to download it here:



Note: There's an extra 16 bars at the end if you'd like to do your own running!

John

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! Loved the pics. Good to see you linked up with Ray. How is he doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Ray and the family have been doing alright - sounds like they might stay there in NY.

    John

    ReplyDelete