Saturday, August 27, 2011

3000

My video project from earlier this year finally hit 3000 views! Thanks to everyone who checked out my video and a bigger thank you to those who had some basic idea of what it meant.

I was a little bit surprised at some of the questions and comments people asked me about it:

"I don't get it."
"So...you were running to McDonald's for the McRib?"
"Yeah, I saw the video. It was cool, you just running around in the plant."
"Were you going to your gig in New York?"

And the worst comment/question I got:

"I saw your video, that was cool. Who did the scratching?"


I would have to guess that these people didn't bother to listen to the track while watching the video. I put the track together very similarly to my CDs, so I thought that the verbals I dropped and the phrases I cut up should have explained it a little bit.

The whole thing was open to interpretation, but the concept was loosely based on "100 Miles and Runnin'" and what I would do if faced with getting caught for any kind of mixtape/sample issues.

My boy Rubox had the best interpretation of it here.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment