Monday, October 3, 2011

We got too...too...too much pizza...



As you might be able to tell from some of my previous posts, I'm a huge pizza fan. I can put pizza away like nothing, I've actually gone through a whole large pie in one sitting. And on top of that, I tend to eat really fast.

I've recently become aware of some pizza challenges in the Cincinnati area. The first one I heard of was at a place called Ramundo's in Mt. Lookout. Their pizza challenge is a 28-inch two topping pizza, two people, 10 minutes. Mathematically speaking, if I could finish (with another person) 3 16-inch pizzas in 10 minutes, then I would give Ramundo's a try. After a pre-training session, I figured it would be impossible, at least for me.

Then one night, my wife and I found this pizza place in Sharonville:



And I saw this on the back of the menu:



My wife said, "I bet you could do that challenge, you eat so fast..." Almost everyone I asked to partner up with me was on some "Oh, I can only eat like two pieces of pizza" type-response.

A couple of weeks later, my brother Mikey was the only one agreed to step up to the challenge with me. I called ahead to get the order in and on my brother's suggestion, took a shot of Absolut before we headed to the Roc.

Here we go:



First slice, nice stuffed pie, tasty crust, lots of cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and ham:



T-minus 28 minutes:



T-minus 20 minutes, believe it or not:


A customer came in to pick up an order heard us ask for the time left.
"Are you guys doing the challenge? Oh yeah? 20 minutes to go? (Looking at what's left on the table) You totally got it!"

T-minus 8 minutes. I hit the wall and had to stop. I had 3.5 pieces. Mikey had 2.1. I told the guy behind the counter to stop the timer. I was done.



The agony of defeat:



Could have showed you this pic and told you we beat the challenge (leftovers are boxed up out of frame), but the looks on our faces say otherwise.



If you're ever in the area, see if you can do any better.



John

PS> Tried to put some links in, but Blogger was acting funny when I tried to do it. Go to sharonvillepizza.com for more info on Roc-A-Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment