Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Once again, it's on...

Well, kind of.

Ever since The Last Amateur dropped in 2007, I've not released another full-length mixtape. The only project afterwards was my "Nowhere to Run" video track in 2011.

I've been inactive because I think I've said all I wanted to say with those last two projects, and that I had nothing more to say.

Since my self-imposed and gradual semi-retirement from DJing, I've been "living on the 'gram", that is, posting on Instagram the occasional clip of me scratching, but mostly posting pictures of my favorite things: food, footwear, and of course, fitteds.

It was my search for the Frank 151 X New Era in the Atlanta Braves colorway which renewed my interest in blogging (and music, indirectly): The bill of these has a quote from Mr. Franklin stitched on the underside:

 "If you would not be forgotten,
As soon as you are dead and rotten,
Either write things worthy reading,
Or do things worth the writing.”



I feel it’s time for me to share some of my music ideas, some of which have been on the back burner for years, and some of which may never come to fruition. But I’d like to put them out there. Why? Why not?

According to my homie Ronnie, today is National DJ Day, so I felt what better time to celebrate DJ-ness than getting back into the mix?

Still trying to figure out the format of how I’ll do this, but look for this blog to be updated regularly.

Thanks for reading!


John

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!!! I have always felt you still have a lot inside you, expression and creative-wise. Still a 1200 Hobo fan and I know there are others out there as well. Can't wait! (Miami, Oh!!)

    ReplyDelete